The Bishops Conference of England and Wales issued new guidance following the announcement that England will move to step 4 out of lockdown on Monday 19th July. We are now waititng for our own Bishop Marcus now to confirm the guidance for this diocese.
The lifting of (some) Covid Restrictions:
- Pre booking is no longer required
- All pews are available for seating.
- Communion at the Altar will be under one kind - the Host.
- Offertory collections will be taken in baskets as pre covid
- Communal hymn - singing with hymn books (please return hymn books to the stand in the narthex)
- St Austin’s Church will now be open during the day.
Hand sanitisers will be available on entry to the church and on leaving the church. The Bishops have asked, if possible, that masks be worn, for the time being, in church. Some people may not feel safe due to the latest rise in infections. We would ask parishioners and visitors to leave space between other worshippers in the pews and when going to Holy Communion for their and your comfort and safety